On the fence about whether or not you should hire someone to clean your house or apartment? Here are five reasons why you should hire a house cleaning company…
Value - Don’t sell yourself short; your time is extremely valuable. Need a dollar value? Just calculate how much you make per hour, and multiply it by the amount of time it will take to clean your place. Chances are it’s much less expensive to hire a house cleaning company, than to do it yourself.
Reduce stress - Living in a dirty or messy home can send your stress level through the roof. Think about it. You put in a full day at work, then you come home and there’s even more work to be done (cleaning). A messy home just becomes a big item on your to do list, that never gets done and looms over your head.
Efficiency - Just like any other job, the more experience you have, and the better you are at it. When you hire a cleaning company, you get a professional staff that knows how to work efficiently to get a job done right. They don’t cut corners, but they know how to manage their work flow so that they finish in a reasonable amount of time, without sacrificing quality.
Status - Believe it or not, people actually brag about hiring a cleaning company. Sure it’s not like having a Louis Vuitton hand bag collection, but people have a perception that hiring a house cleaning company is expensive.
From around the second week of October, we receive calls on a daily basis from new clients looking for deep cleaning services to prepare their home for holiday guests. Though we try to accommodate as many as we can, unfortunately, we have to turn many of these new and potential customers down. Here are some tips to help you insure you are able to get the cleaning you want in time for your holiday gathering...
1) Book early. As early as possible. Many customers, who call our office, call the same week as the holiday, some 2 or 3 days before. With a service of our size, this is nearly impossible to accommodate. We typically need 3 weeks notice and a month is even better. Even smaller services will fill up fast so be prepared to do your comparison shopping and hiring in advance. A good rule of thumb is hire for Thanksgiving on or before Halloween, and for Christmas, hire around Thanksgiving.
2) Start re-occurring service before the holidays. Having re occurring service already in place will ensure your home will be ready for your holiday gatherings. MSC Cleaning serv. puts priority on our existing customers for all residential cleaning. Being an existing customer will help ensure all additional requested services will be fulfilled. Customers on Monthly re occurring schedules should call in early to add additional appointments for the holiday weeks.
3) Shop around. Many companies raise their rates during the holidays because of lack of availability of their competition and the added manpower needed to fill customer's holiday requests. Expect to pay 50-100% more for service on the week of the actual holiday and 20-50% more the week before the holiday.
4) Don't withhold. If you are going to do it, do it right. Have the house deep cleaned. we only offers Deep Cleaning services as an option for 1 time cleanings and when we start a new home on re-occurring service. However, many companies will offer a basic cleaning service. If your home is not being maintained professionally, there is a good chance a basic service just won't cut it.
5) Gift certificates. People buying gift certificates for others to use for holiday cleanings should attempt to secure a date at the time of purchase. This way their is a placeholder in the system for them. Gift certificates are not given priority over existing customers and if they call too late, they could be out of luck. If you book the appointment for the recipient in advance, it will guarantee a spot and a happy recipient!
We hope this helps in your search for house cleaning services during the holidays!
If you have any questions or quotes please call us at 800 848 5514 or 201 966 3289 e-mail us at [email protected] website www.msclean01.com